If you’re having difficulty paying your energy bills, you may be able to get government assistance if you’re eligible. We can also organise payments via Centrelink.


If you receive Centrelink payments, we can arrange for regular amounts to be transferred from your payments to pay your EnergyAustralia bill. Visit Centrelink to find out more or call us on 133 466 and we’ll do the legwork for you.

State government support

You could be eligible for state government assistance to help pay your utility bills. Visit the Government’s MoneySmart website for info in your state.

South Australia

South Australian customers can apply for assistance from the Emergency Electricity Payment Scheme (EEPS). To apply, you’ll need to visit a financial counsellor who’ll assess your situation.

For information on this scheme, call the Department of Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI)’s concession hotline on 1800 307 758 or visit the South Australian Government website.

New South Wales

New South Wales customers can apply for Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA). Visit the Department of Industry Resources & Energy.

View information about the EAPA scheme in other languages below:

View additional information on the EAPA Scheme in Arabic, Simplified Chinese and Vietnamese.


Queensland customers can apply for assistance from the Home Energy Emergency Assistance Scheme (HEEAS). Visit the Queensland Government website.

QLD Government Cost of Living Rebate 

Households are set to receive a $175 Cost of Living Rebate from September 2022.

The rebate builds on the $50 asset ownership dividend announced earlier this year. The QLD Government has increased this assistance for households from $50 to $175 in response to the extra cost of living pressures many Queenslanders are facing. 

The rebate will be automatically credited to eligible customer accounts from 4 September 2022 and will appear on your bill  between September and November 2022, depending on your billing cycle. You do not need to apply for this rebate. 

The rebate will be automatically applied to your account so long as your electricity account was active with EnergyAustralia on 31 August 2022.

On-supply arrangements

Households who pay their landlord, property manager, caravan park owner or body corporate in an on-supply arrangement are also eligible for the rebate.

These customers will have the rebate credited to their bills by their on-supplier or utility billing company. On-suppliers are required to lodge a claim (using form 527) with EnergyAustralia through your normal contact at EnergyAustralia. (I've attached this document to be linked to)


Victorian customers can apply for assistance from the Utility Relief Grant Scheme (URGS) if they are unable to pay their energy bills due to a short term financial crisis or emergency. Find out more here.

$250 Power Saving Bonus

Last year, approximately 20 per cent of Victorian households requested financial assistance with their energy bills due to the impacts of COVID-19.
To help Victorians doing it tough, the Victorian Government is offering a one-off $250 Power Saving Bonus payment to help with their energy bills.

Eligible customers must have a Victorian residential electricity account.

How can a customer apply for the bonus?

  • Customers can apply for the bonus through the Victorian Energy Compare website www.compare.energy.vic.gov.au or by calling 1800 000 832.
  • The bonus will be available for 12 months and provide immediate financial relief to more than 900,000 Victorian households.
  • The $250 bonus will be transferred electronically into the bank account of the recipient or provided via cheque on request, and processing will take approximately two to three weeks from application.
  • DVA Pensioner Concession Card holders can complete a manual application by emailing info.vec@delwp.vic.gov.au or can apply online from 1 March.
  • Customers cannot apply for the bonus through EnergyAustralia.